Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5.19 - Goals and Careers

Warm-Up
POTD
QOTD:
In paragraph form, answer the following questions:
  1. What do you want in life?
  2. What do you intend to do to make these things come about?
  3. What kind of work do you want to do? This can be a job (doctor) or a type of work (community worker).
  4. What can you do to get closer to your goal in the next year?
  5. What can you do about this in the next 5 years?
Por Exemplo:
My goal in life is to be a catalyst of positive change both for my community and myself. I have spent the last decade in education teaching English to non-native speakers and digital arts to high-school and college students. Currently, I am looking to further develop myself through working in an industry that will cultivate my artistic sensibilities. This summer I will be spending time researching sustainable micro-environmental film production in the Pacific Islands.

Sign In to Google Sites
1. Edit the My Jobs Page
2. Find at least two jobs that match your goals or interest you.
3. Use monster.com, craigslist.org, careerbuilder.com, etc. to search for the following information:
  1. Brief Description of job
  2. Salary & Benefits
  3. Necessary Experience
  4. Necessary Education
  5. Other requirements
Uploading Portfolio Work
Give people access to your best work.
Use youtube, Picassa, google docs or other online file saving resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment