Monday, May 17, 2010

5.17 - The Future

Warm Up (20 min)
POTD
QOTD:
In a paragraph, write an introduction to your new website. Include the following.
  1. Your First Name
  2. Something about yourself
  3. Your hobbies
  4. Your high school
  5. Your philosophy or passion in life
  6. Your background
  7. Something recent that you like

Example:
My name is Morgan however some people call me Mr. Morgan or teacher. The name Morgan can be traced back to Welsh language and is translated as one who lives by the sea. While I am not Welsh, and don’t plan to be, I do enjoy spending time near and in the ocean, streams, swimming holes, lochs, fjords and rivers. When I’m not teaching in a rapidly growing charter school I am at home playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I also like to make sample-based music and do so on the MPC 2000XL sampling workstation. I am passionate about governmental reform and am actively researching fractional reserve banking, fiat currency, and film theory. I grew up on a farm in Oregon milking goats as my parents ran a number of small businesses. I attended the great University of Oregon and graduated in the Department of East Asian Studies with a major is Chinese Languages and Literatures as well as a Masters in Education from Boston University. I have spent three years in Beijing studying and working and consider it my second, more polluted, home. As well as being a funky hip-hop junkie, I am also a fan of late 1970s German synthesizer music and love movies by Brian DePalma.


Google Sites
Create a new site for your school and professional life using google sites.
12th graders, I recommend choosing the “transition portfolio” template.
Name your site - Choose an appropriate name
You can change the URL of your site from the default
Choose a theme - choose a style for the colors and background of your site

The Home/Welcome Page
Select Edit Page
Copy and paste your welcome paragraph to the welcome page body.
Saved Changes

Manage Site
More Actions - Manage Site
Add a header logo

The Logo
Your logo should be something that will represent your site. You may choose to incorporate images with your text.

Use adobe Illustrator or Photoshop to create a logo for the header of your site.
Not typically bigger than 600px wide and 150px tall. If you are going bigger, there should be a good reason for it.

Uploading Portfolio Work
Give people access to your best work.
Use youtube, Picassa, google docs or other online file saving resource


No comments:

Post a Comment